WHO WE ARE
LiveWire Sport is a multi award-winning content agency based in London, UK. Our clients include Premier League, Wimbledon, World Rugby, The England & Wales Cricket Board, ATP Media, Eurosport, International Paralympic Committee and Team GB among many others.
In February 2022, we joined forces with global data-driven sports marketing agency Two Circles to rewire sports, taking the company’s headcount across five international offices to 450+.
Our content services include strategy, consultancy, creative and video production, digital marketing campaigns, and full management and commercialisation of digital and social media platforms.
Although the company has grown considerably in recent years, we still retain our original start-up values from 2011 when we were founded. Fun, creative freedom and regular deadlines contribute to a busy, vibrant and sociable co-working office environment.
We’re looking for talented New Zealand-based social media storytellers to capture content using mobile phones and turn it into channel-ready content for use on World Rugby’s digital channels, as well as its commercial and broadcast partners.
This is a short-term contract for the duration of the Rugby World Cup 2021, taking place across New Zealand in October and November 2022.
You will be able to assimilate yourself into an elite sporting environment, and give our audiences a unique, behind-the-scenes insight into your designated team at the 2021 Rugby World Cup.
You will also understand what our audiences want to see, the stories they need to hear, and the production flair to bring them to life.
A passion for rugby, and raising the profile of the women’s game, is essential, but you won’t be doing this alone: you will have the support of World Rugby’s social media experts, and the license to experiment and hone your skills in the role.
- Form key alliances with team management and players to establish rules on what you can capture, and what you ultimately will publish
- Capture content with your allocated team wherever stories can be told, from training to matchday, team meetings to team socials, and both the planned and the spontaneous moments audiences love to see
- Work with World Rugby content team to storyboard ideas, develop plans, and execute them in-camp
- Turn raw footage into channel-ready assets for use on World Rugby digital channels
- Forge a deep understanding of World Rugby’s, the competition’s, and the team’s brands, and ensure storytelling aligns to these
- Support broadcast rightsholders and team management when camera crews join the camp
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of using Adobe suite, especially Adobe Premiere
- Experience and appreciation of working in an elite, sporting environment
- Superb mobile phone content capture skills
- An understanding of all major social media platforms, their features, and the kind of content that audiences enjoy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Additional languages (beyond English)
Please email your CV, examples of your work and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.