APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
WHO WE ARE
LiveWire Sport is a multi award-winning content agency based in Chiswick, west London.
WHAT WE DO
Our clients include Premier League, Wimbledon, The England & Wales Cricket Board, ATP Media, ITF, FIFA, Inter Milan, Channel 4, The Jockey Club and Ascot Racecourse among many others.
Our services include creative and video content production, digital marketing campaigns, strategy, consultancy, full management of digital and social media platforms and commercialisation of digital platforms.
Last year we launched our Diversity in Digital Mentoring Programme, a new initiative to engage a diverse range of talent throughout the UK, from under-represented groups in the sport and digital industries.
Although the company now has nearly 50 full-time staff and doubled the number of clients in three years, we retain the values we established in 2011 when LiveWire was founded. Fun, creative freedom and regular deadlines contribute to a busy, vibrant and sociable co-working office environment. Let’s face it - working in sport and digital = the dream combination. But working at LiveWire Sport is much more than that...
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Community Manager to work with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) as it brings a major sporting event to 2021.
We need a full-time Community Manager to help position the sporting event in the hearts and minds of a broad audience, marrying sport and entertainment content to build excitement and engagement. The Community Manager will develop and implement a strategy for direct communication with a developing fanbase on social media.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of sporting audiences, but of greater importance will be a wider sense of how a brand grabs attention of those outside their traditional audience bubble.
This will involve developing best-practice social techniques for the wider team to deploy across the client’s digital channels (currently Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). While Community Management is at the heart of the role, we see the successful person working closely with LiveWire’s specialist cricket producers, and the wider ECB team, to help uplift content across all channels. There will also be a significant element of social listening and reporting to help direct future content themes.
Although the role will be largely office-based, there will be an occasional need to work from other offices and, potentially, travel to other locations, both inside and outside the United Kingdom.
- To create and implement a strategy for community management in conjunction with the ECB
- Actively publish and manage ECB channels, responding to queries, criticism and providing a conduit between the ECB and its customers and potential customers
- To keep across industry developments and advise on opportunities to capitalise upon, and challenges to overcome
- Oversee the development and growth of channels on social media, in accordance with set KPIs
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the required social media content and understanding how that content works in the context of the client’s rights, responsibilities and restrictions
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to co-ordinate approach for coverage and maximise opportunities
- Work with the wider LiveWire teams – content production, creative, video and insights – to develop best-practice protocols and information sharing to improve output
- To ensure output is engaging and best-in-class while adhering to brand guidelines
- To help identify future events which would benefit from bespoke social output
- To lead reporting back to the client on performance of content and advise of future direction based on performance
- To understand the publishing requirements for social media content for the client, and to plan and, on occasion, publish material
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Detailed knowledge of and enthusiasm for the digital sport and brand industry in general, and social media in particular
- At least three years of experience working on social media channels for sports or entertainment brands
- An understanding of the requirements of running real-time social channels and the unique pressures and responsibilities that brings
- An understanding of organic and paid elements of social media channels and how they operate
- Experience of using social media from a strategic, content and commercial perspective
- A detailed understanding of social media analytics and how to meaningfully interpret them
- A sound knowledge of the client, including its digital strategy and how that fits into the organisation’s wider strategic goals
- Strong contacts within the social media world
- Experience of demonstrating initiative and confidence in dealing with a wide range of corporate stakeholders
- Experience of presenting, and confidence to present to senior personnel
- An ability to consider and propose new ways of working to improve processes
- An understanding of working within a budget and allocating resources accordingly
- A positive attitude and willingness to go the extra mile
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunities to work at live sporting events depending on client campaigns, briefs and activation
- A competitive salary (based on experience) and company pension scheme
Please email your CV, a covering letter outlining your interest and suitability to the role and salary expectations to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
In normal times this role would be conditional on the successful candidate working primarily alongside the client at its offices in London, and the wider LiveWire Sport team from our Chiswick offices.
During the Coronavirus pandemic we have advised staff to work from home unless travel is absolutely necessary: for example for those working on event coverage or with other specific requirements.
We look forward to when we can all work together in the same place: however the likelihood is this recruitment will be conducted remotely, and the successful candidate will require a suitable home-working environment, with a stable internet connection.
Applications will be accepted until Tuesday 19th January.