A career-changing mentoring experience for 2020
APPLICATIONS FOR THE FIRST DIVERSITY IN DIGITAL MENTORING PROGRAMME ARE NOW CLOSED.
All applicants will be informed if they have been successful or not by Wednesday 26th February 2020 at the latest. Any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS IT
The Diversity in Digital Mentoring Programme is a new initiative to educate, encourage and engage a diverse range of talent throughout the UK, from under-represented groups across the sport and digital industries.
The programme aims to support the growth of genuinely diverse talent, by supporting individuals who feel they have been overlooked or missed out on opportunities because of factors beyond their control. This could be for any number of reasons; beliefs, background, sexuality, race, disability, gender, all the way through to people facing financial, geographical, health, family or lifestyle challenges.
We are looking for brave, bold and surprising voices, that complement LiveWire Sport’s values of humour, humility and belief, who want to break into the digital sport industry.
The programme, which will take place throughout 2020, will include sessions with a number of long-term clients of LiveWire Sport - Channel 4, Team GB, Wimbledon and a number of other world-class organisations.
As part of the programme, successful applicants will be offered a number of opportunities to develop their skills and learn more about the industry, with access to a year-round peer group of like-minded individuals and visits to supporting organisations.
Each participant will also be partnered with a mentor from the LiveWire Sport team for the year to provide additional support and advice.
The programme is largely remote-based and is designed to be supportive but unintrusive, so participants can continue to work during the programme.
WHO CAN APPLY
- Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the UK
- Applicants must be a resident of the UK
- Applicants must be over 18 (there is no maximum age limit)
- Successful applicants must be available to travel within the UK on occasion during 2020
- Applications are welcomed from anyone who meets the criteria set out above
Although all applications will be considered on their individual merits, in order to promote diversity and to increase the participation of those who are currently under-represented in the sport industry, use may be made of the positive action provisions in the Equality Act 2010 when deciding between two equally qualified and talented applicants.
- We will read and watch all submissions following the close of applications on Friday 14th February 2020.
- A Committee comprising of senior LiveWire Sport employees and programme partners will select up to 12 applicants for the 2020 Diversity in Digital Mentoring Programme.
- All applicants will be informed if they have been successful or not by Wednesday 26th February 2020.
- LiveWire Sport will meet (or Skype) with selected applicants to further understand ambition, experience and skillset in order to best pair a mentor from across the LiveWire Sport team (more details of that process will be provided to the selected applicants)
- The 12 participants will be provided with further information about dates, travel arrangements and venues for days at programme partners as soon as possible after this process.
- Introductions made between selected LiveWire Sport mentor and each participant.
Best of luck to all applicants.
The LiveWire Sport Team
Terms & Conditions
- There is no entry fee necessary to enter this programme
- Only one entry will be accepted per person
- Closing date for entry is 14th February 2020. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final
- LiveWire Sport reserves the right to cancel or amend the programme and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of any act outside of the promoter’s control
- If the selected applicants cannot be contacted or do not respond within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to select a replacement
- The selected applicants agree to the use of their name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the selected applicants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent